Luminar™ Outdoor Sauna Information
5) All electrical wiring must be performed by a qualified and licensed electrician with complete knowledge of local codes and regulations. Costs of hiring an electrician can vary greatly depending on several factors such as your sauna’s distance from your electrical service box, the state you live in, and the cost of materials. We recommend you get quotes from 2 to 3 different licensed electricians before you begin the installation. It's very easy to find electricians on the Thumbtack or Taskrabbit smartphone app. The heater requires 240V power and is equipped with a NEMA plug for your convenience.
7) We recommend cleaning the inside of your sauna regularly to keep it looking and working its best. Never use chemicals inside your sauna! They can damage the wood and you may breathe them in when the sauna heats up.
8) After you’ve used the sauna, wipe up and perspiration with a dry towel and leave the door open so the inside can dry out. At regular intervals give the interior a sweep or vacuum. If you notice stains from dirt or perspiration, use warm water and gently scrub the spots, or a low-pressure washer with a wide-pattern nozzle and spray the spots. You can also buff away stubborn stains and scuffs with a piece of fine-grit sandpaper.
9) Like any outdoor structure, mold can develop as a result of moisture getting trapped inside the sauna. This is especially true for saunas as the bathers will sweat, releasing additional moisture into the air which can be absorbed into the wood. The key to preventing mold from forming is to ensure the inside of the sauna is dry.
10) If you are seeing mold in the sauna, this should be treated early before it has time to grow and take hold. Clean the affected area to remove the mold. The wood can be cleaned with soapy water, white vinegar, or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). If you are unable to remove the mold with these solutions, try stronger cleaning agents (such as diluted bleach) or sanding the area with sandpaper. Any rags, etc. that come into contact with the mold must be disposed of. Proper protective equipment (safety goggles, breathing mask, etc.) must be worn when removing mold.
11) This product may cause excessive happiness - proceed with caution.