Among men in the United States, testosterone levels have been steadily declining for the last several years. It currently affects between 10 and 40 percent of adult men, and 20 percent of young men aged 15 to 39 years.
Are you currently experiencing symptoms of low testosterone, such as erectile dysfunction, a diminished sex drive, weight gain, or depression? If so, you may want to start using red light therapy on your balls.
That’s right. Shining red light on your testicles can boost your testosterone levels.
Read on to find answers to important questions, such as “How does red light therapy increase testosterone?” and “What happens when you use red light therapy on testicles?”
What Is Red Light Therapy?
Red light therapy (or RLT for short) uses low wavelength red light to address a wide range of conditions, including those that affect the skin (scars, wrinkles, etc.).
During RLT treatments, the red light penetrates the skin and stimulates the mitochondria of the cells. This, in turn, results in a reaction that produces higher levels of adenosine triphosphate (or ATP), which is the body’s preferred energy source. When ATP production increases, it allows the cells to work more efficiently and supports new cell growth.
Red light therapy goes by many other names, including soft laser therapy, photobiomodulation, low-level laser therapy, and non-thermal LED light therapy.
The Red Light Therapy-Testosterone Connection
Now that you know more about red light therapy in general, let’s get into how red light affects your testosterone levels.
Testosterone is primarily produced in the Leydig cells of the testicles. Cholesterol gets converted into testosterone through the process of steroidogenesis.
Research shows that for the Leydig cells to produce testosterone, their mitochondria must be working properly. By exposing the testicles to red light from an RLT device, you can stimulate the mitochondria and increase testosterone production.
Bonus Benefits of RLT
Red light therapy may also be beneficial to those who are struggling with low testosterone because it helps to combat many of the symptoms associated with this condition.
The following are some of the most noteworthy benefits you might notice when you start using red light therapy regularly:
- Increased muscle mass: Many people find that they have a hard time building muscle when their testosterone is low; regular RLT treatments can help you to build more muscle, which boosts your metabolism and aids with weight loss as well.
- Improved athletic performance: Building muscle and losing weight may improve your athletic performance, too; whether you play sports or work out regularly at the gym, you’ll find that you have more stamina and notice improvements in your workouts or training sessions.
- Improved cognitive function: Plenty of people with low testosterone report struggling with brain fog and poor memory; by increasing testosterone levels with RLT, you may improve your memory, feel more clear-headed, and have an easier time performing at work or school.
- Improved mood: Depression, anxiety, and other mood issues are common among those with low testosterone, too; Regular RLT treatments may help you to improve your mood and combat these conditions, especially when combined with other beneficial practices like consistent exercise.
- Improved sleep quality: Many peole who use red light therapy regularly find that they sleep better at night; this likely has to do with RLT’s stress-reducing properties.
- Increased hair growth: Hair loss is a common symptom of low testosterone; fortunately, RLT has been shown to stimulate hair growth and may help to make up for the hair loss you’ve been experiencing as a side effect of reduced testosterone production.
If you’re ready to experience these benefits and increase your body’s natural testosterone production, red light therapy is a must.
Side-Effect-Free Testosterone Support
Keep in mind, too, that red light therapy is a side-effect-free way to increase testosterone production and combat the symptoms of low testosterone.
Unlike many other treatments, such as hormone replacement therapy, red light therapy does not produce any major side effects and is a gentle way to improve your health from the inside out.
Do you want to do something a bit more natural and holistic before you dive into more invasive treatment options? If so, RLT is an excellent option to consider.
How to Use Red Light Therapy on Balls
Are you convinced that red light therapy is a good choice for you? If so, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Invest in a home system: If you don’t like the idea of driving back and forth to a medspa every day, invest in an at-home red light therapy system.
- Choose the right device: There are tons of RLT devices for you to consider, from sauna panels to portable devices that you can use while you’re on the go.
- Start slow: Start with short RLT sessions to ensure your body doesn’t react negatively (this is unlikely, but still possible); over time, you can gradually increase exposure.
- Establish a routine: Schedule your RLT sessions for the same time each day to create a routine and make it easier for you to be consistent.
- Monitor symptoms: Track your low testosterone symptoms each week; this makes it easier for you to see if you’re making progress and ensure your hormone levels are moving in the right direction.
Remember, it will take a while before you start to see significant results from your RLT treatments. This is not a quick fix for your low testosterone issues, but if you’re consistent, you will likely notice some improvements.
Start Using Red Light Therapy for Testosterone Today
At first, the idea of using red light therapy on balls might sound kind of crazy. The science is sound, though, and RLT has been shown to be a safe and effective way to boost testosterone levels.
Are you ready to experience the benefits of red light therapy for testosterone? If so, it’s time to invest in a red light therapy device. Check out our online store today to learn more about our collection of RLT devices and find the perfect one for your home.